Pull up a chair, get a cup of tea, and enjoy reading the recipes and tidbits of my journey through Life.

Sunday, September 9, 2012

New Date Challenge

We never really take the time for "date night", hell or "date-anything" for that matter.  Well, that is going to change!  As of now the Hubby and I will have at least ONE date a month (and the challenge?) but they have to be as close to FREE as possible.  This will get us out of the rut of Dinner-and-a-Movie.  Not that there is anything wrong with that, expecially since the last movie we saw in a theater was Harry Potter 7 Part 2.  (Sad, I know.)

I stumbled upon this idea while playing (again) on Pinterest.  I followed a Pin to a website that listed 40 Free Dates and my mind just kept going from there. I cannot remember the website and I didn't pin it because I copied down all the dates I liked.  But I know it was an article from Shape Magazine.  I also stumbled upon a great site/blog at LoveActually-Blog.blogspot.com.  I am copying down the ideas I like and am going to make a binder of Date Ideas.  This way we can easily pick out things to do each month.  Some of the ideas I will keep as a surprise for the Hubby, but most will be decided together.

Here are some of the ideas I have come up with/ found:
  • Summer Concerts
  • Tour a Local Brewery
  • Have a Game Night (boardgames/cards, etc)
  • Go Stargazing
  • Have a Movie Night (at-home)
  • Go to the Beach/Lake
  • Take a Hike
  • Go to a Playground
  • Free Zoo Days
  • Go Sledding
  • Photoshoot
  • Enjoy a Scenic Drive
  • Check out Local Yard Sales
  • Tour a Winery
  • Cloud Watching
  • Couples' Game Night
  • At-Home Couple's Massage (massaging each other)
  • Visit a Farm
  • Learn Something New Together
  • Sandcastle Competition
  • Leap in Leaves
  • Rock Skipping
  • Water Balloon Fight
  • Have a Picnic
  • Bake a Sweet Treat Together
  • Create a Scavenger Hunt
  • Read to Each Other
  • Book-of-the-Month Together
  • Watch Sunrise, Then Make Breakfast Together
  • Planetarium
  • Museum Exhibit
  • Ride Go-carts
  • Go to a Jazz Club
  • Visit a Nursing Home/Pediatric Ward and Hand out Flowers
  • Poetry Reading
  • Book Signing of Shared Favorite Author
  • Take a Walk
  • Try a New Cuisine
  • Fondue for Two
  • Camping (indoors or out)
So as you can tell, we're set for a few YEARS if we stick to one a month, though I think it will be more than that.  Right now I have two possibilities for the rest of September and one in October...all art/museum exhibits.  Loving the whole FREE part, makes budgeting it in so easy *cheesy grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment