Pull up a chair, get a cup of tea, and enjoy reading the recipes and tidbits of my journey through Life.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Bucket Lists

I have always heard of bucket lists, but never thought much about them.  In case you do not know what they are, they are lists of things to do or accomplish before you "kick the bucket"; hence, a Bucket List.  There was even a movie about them starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman. 

Today I was playing on Pinterest [ there is no other way to describe what a person does on Pinterest other than playing :) ] and ran across a Fall Bucket List.  Instead of a list to do before you die, it is a list to accomplish before Winter hits.  I LOVE this idea!  And I now plan to make one each season and will change the items depending on how much we enjoy each event.  Most lists I found were ten or twelve items long, but since my lucky number is thirteen I chose thirteen items for my list.

Fall Bucket List 2012
1. Go to a pumpkin patch
2. Carve pumpkins
3. Go to a Corn Maze
4. Make Pumpkin bread together
5. Go on a Fall picnic
6. Nature walk/scavenger hunt (with camera)
7. Go apple picking
8. Hayride and apple cider
9. Make a Thankful Craft
10. Celebrate Oktoberfest
11. Make Leaf Art
12. Tram Ride in Cabin John Park
13. Warm up by fire pit and make S'mores

Trick-or-treating was listed on almost every list, but that is a given in our house, so it does not need to be listed on our Bucket List.  I think I will always have #6 on each seaon's Bucket List so my daughter can learn the differences in the world around her from season to season.  I want her to have a love of nature and hopefully want to keep Mother Nature as safe as possible.  But this post isn't about me spouting off about ecology.  :-)  When I come up with the scavenger hunt list I will post it for everyone to use if they wish.

The good thing about my List is I can combine a few at a time so we are not booked every weekend with something.  I do not want this to turn into a chore instead of something fun and enjoyable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment