Pull up a chair, get a cup of tea, and enjoy reading the recipes and tidbits of my journey through Life.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Intro...and a recipe!

This is my second go at blogging.  I didn't really post much to my old blog, but hopefully this one will be peppered with posts since it is something near and dear to my heart...food.  I have been trying to be more frugal and self-sufficient in my homemaking, thus this new blog. I will be posting recipes and frugal ideas frequently and hope to have a fair few followers.  I will start off with a recipe I created with inspiration from a recipe I found in an old freezer cookbook.  I took their technique and the cheese mixture I created for my lasagna recipe and came up with this recipe.  Hope you enjoy it.

Stuffed Manicotti
32 ounces ricotta cheese
16 ounces sour cream
4 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
2 teaspoons parsley flakes
2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
3 cups shredded Mozzarella
3 boxes manicotti shells

Mix ingredients together.  Drain noodles when they are finished cooking; stuff them with cheese mixture.  Put them in the freezer individually to flash freeze.  When they are frozen, put them in ziplock bags and back into the freezer.

To fix the manicotti, remove 12 shells and place them in a 9x13-inch pan.  Brown a pound of ground beef, drain off the grease.  Add a jar of spaghetti sauce and 1/2 cup water to the meat.  Pour over the frozen shells.  Top with 2 cups mozzarella cheese.  Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for roughly 50 minutes, or until the shells are soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment