Pull up a chair, get a cup of tea, and enjoy reading the recipes and tidbits of my journey through Life.

Monday, November 5, 2012

I Am Gobsmacked!

Well, as the title of this post says, I am gobsmacked.  I have been making crafts and handmade items so I can have my own Etsy shop.  I honestly have almost no confidence in my work and am my own worst critic.  That said, I think my confidence is picking up after Saturday night. 

I had bought some pieces to try making a pair of earrings to see how difficult it would be.  I thought they turned out well so I posted a picture of them on Facebook for my friends to see.  Well, evidently they did turn out well cause within fifteen minutes of posting them one of my friends had bought them!!!  My first sale!!!  WOOHOO!!!! 

So the last few days has been a whirlwind of activity.  I have bought packaging materials and still have more to buy.  Tonight I bought craft punches to make earring cards and decorative tags with my logo on it.  This is the logo:


After trying out the punches this is what the earring cards look like with the earrings I sold look like:



And I spent $20.19 on two craft punches and 21 sheets of cardstock at Michaels...saving $20.18 thanks to sales and coupons! Love me some 50% coupons!  Now I just have to buy the black kraft paper for wrapping and the black/white baker's twine to finish the packaging.

This has set a light under my considerably large ass to get busy on shop stock.  Today alone I have finished two tea trays and half finished a crocheted shawl.  I hope to have the items photographed and uploaded to my Etsy shop in the next day or so.  I will post a follow-up when they are up along with the web addy. 

So excited!!!  *does a happy dance*

No comments:

Post a Comment